Children, families and young people
Our libraries host a wide range of activities and reading schemes that cater to all children. From reading to coding there is something for everyone.
- Rhymetime - enjoy songs and rhymes with your child and other parents. Aimed at under 5's
- Storytime - a fun and enjoyable way to introduce your child to books, the joy of storytelling and libraries
- Holiday activities
- Lego Clubs - get building! Enjoyable for children and adults
- Reading groups - to encourage children to talk about the books they have enjoyed reading
- Family Microbit sessions - parents and children learn the basics of coding together
Check our activity and events calendar to find out about activities and events happening in Plymouth Libraries.
- Books, eBooks, eAudiobooks and eComics - children can have their own library card to borrow books from the library or download digital titles
- Findalots Library Challenge - a year round challenge where children earn stickers and trading cards
- Summer Reading Challenge - read six books or more to earn prizes, brought to you by the Reading Agency
- Bookstart scheme - we work with external partners to distribute packs to families
And there's more...
- Free internet access - children can use a computer in any library for up to an hour (with parental consent)
- Microbits - children can borrow these tiny mini computers, just like borrowing a library book, to learn the basics of coding