As a member of Plymouth Libraries:
- You agree to notify the library of a change of address immediately
- You agree to accept liability for all items borrowed with your library card
- You agree to notify the library immediately if your library card is lost or stolen (you will be held responsible for all items borrowed on that ticket up to notification)
Acceptable Usage of computers in the library
You must not do any of the following on library computers. If you do, we will stop you using them:
- Carry out any illegal activities
- View or distribute illegal material, including computer viruses
- Damage or modify the computer, its software or the network
- View images likely to disturb or cause offence to other users
- Use the service when you have overdue items or outstanding charges
If we believe that you may have committed a criminal act we will refer the incident to the police and will provide the police with details of your use.
We ask for personal information from you when you join the library. This information is used to create and manage your library membership and will include your name, address, phone number, email address and date of birth. You can change or amend these details by speaking to staff in any library or online. We will not share these details with anyone unless required to by law. E.g. to prevent or detect crime.
If you have given us your email address we will use this to remind you when items you have borrowed are due for return or are overdue and when items you have reserved are ready for collection.
A record of the books you have borrowed or reserved is kept for two years, this can only be seen by you or library staff.
We use third-party library service providers and technologies to help deliver some of our services to you, including public computers, Wi-Fi, eBooks and Digital Magazines. If you choose to use such services, we may share your information with these third parties, but only as necessary for them to provide services to Plymouth Libraries.
Your membership information can be deleted at any time. Just ask a member of staff. If you choose not to use our services, we will delete your details after three years of inactivity, unless you have items on loan or are in credit/debit to the library service.
If you have any questions or concerns please speak to library staff or email email@example.com.